Conditions for the faithful to gain a Plenary Indulgence, applicable only to the Holy Souls in Purgatory:
• State of grace at least when performing the indulgenced act
• Complete detachment from sin, even venial sin
• Confession (20 days before or after)
• Communion (20 days before or after)
• Prayers for the intentions of the Supreme Pontiff (20 days before or after)
• Visit of a cemetery with at least mental prayer for the poor souls - any 8 days in November. (The visits do not have to be on consecutive days.)
• Visit of a church or an oratory (on any day in November) with one Our Father and one Creed recited.